Perforated drink tokens are small, circular pieces of material that are used to represent the purchase of a drink. These tokens are typically made from materials such as plastic or metal and are often perforated in order to make them easy to tear apart and distribute. In this blog post, we’ll explore the world of perforated drink tokens, including their history, how they work, and their benefits.
History of Perforated Drink Tokens
The use of tokens as a form of currency can be traced back to ancient civilizations such as Rome and Greece. These tokens were typically made from materials such as clay or metal and were used to represent the value of goods or services. Since then things have moved on a little, but the general principle is the same.
The use of drink tokens specifically can be traced back to the 1800s, when saloons and other establishments began using tokens as a way to control the consumption of alcohol. At the time, alcohol was often sold in bulk, which made it difficult for establishments to accurately track how much alcohol was being consumed and by whom. Drink vouchers provided a solution to this problem by allowing bartenders to keep track of how many drinks each customer had purchased.
Over time, tokens became a popular form of currency in bars and other establishments, with many establishments creating their own unique designs and colors for their tokens. These were sold to patrons or sometimes even given out as an incentive to visit the venue regularly or earlier than normal.
How Perforated Drink Tokens Work
Perforated drink tokens work by representing the purchase of a drink. When a customer buys a drink, they are given a drink token in exchange. The customer can then use the token to redeem the drink at a later time. Alternatively – and commonly in Malta – customers pay for a set number of tokens at a cash point. They then use this strip to pay for drinks at the bar in the normal way.
Perforated drink tokens typically come in sheets or rolls and are perforated in order to make them easy to tear apart and distribute. Each token is typically stamped with the name or logo of the establishment, as well as a unique identifier to prevent counterfeiting. Logos can be added depending on the size of the token and even items such as QR codes or other information as per the requirements.
Benefits of Perforated Drink Tokens
Perforated drink vouchers offer a number of benefits for both customers and establishments. Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced fraud: Perforated tokens are designed to prevent counterfeiting, which helps to reduce fraud and ensure that only valid tokens are redeemed.
- Improved tracking: Perforated drink tokens provide a simple and effective way for bartenders and other staff to track how many drinks each customer has purchased. This helps to ensure that customers are not over-served and helps to prevent disputes over bills.
- Cost-effective: They are relatively inexpensive to produce, which makes them a cost-effective option for bars and other establishments.
- Customizable: The product can be customized with the name or logo of the establishment, as well as unique designs or colors. This allows establishments to create a unique identity for their tokens and helps to promote their brand.
- Environmentally friendly: Perforated drink tokens are typically made from materials such as plastic or metal, which are recyclable. This makes them a more environmentally friendly option than disposable cups or other forms of single-use drinkware.
Uses of Perforated Drink Tokens
We recommend using custom printed tokens that can be used in a variety of settings, including bars, nightclubs, festivals, and other events. Some of the most common uses include:
- Drink specials: Perforated drink tokens can be used to offer specials on certain drinks or to promote new cocktails or beers.
- Special events: Perforated drink tokens can be used to represent admission to special events, such as tastings or VIP parties.
- Fundraisers: Perforated drink tokens can be sold as part of a fundraiser for a charity or other cause.
- Employee incentives: Perforated drink tokens can be used as a way to incentivize employees, such as by offering them as a reward for meeting certain sales goals.
In conclusion, perforated tokens are an ideal way to run a smooth bar service at large scale events. They allow for a limited number of cash points which gives organisers a greater control over where sales are made. It also ensures a very fast turnaround at the bar area as no change is required to be given to patrons. For organisers it concentrates the number of staff who handle payments to a smaller number. And lets bar staff focus on serving customers to the highest level.
To order custom printed drink tokens contact our sales team today by emailing them on email@example.com or else call us on 99990566. We can supply a wide variety of sizes and different number of tokens per strip to match any customer requirements. They are part of a wide range of products that we offer to venues and event organisers. Our core products include custom printed tyvek wristbands and also fabric festival wristbands, together with personalized lanyards which are ideal for staff or security.
We look forwarding to assisting you and you can be sure of the quality of the product and service from our 5* Trustpilot score which is based on verified customers reviewing us. Below is an example of how a standard strip of the tokens would appear – but of course the design possibilities are endless.