Wristbands are a popular means of identification and promotion at events. There are two main types of wristbands: woven and sublimated. While both types of wristbands are made from polyester material and can be customized with different colors and designs, there are several key differences between the two. In this article, we will discuss the differences between woven and sublimated wristbands, their advantages and disadvantages, and their impact on the event industry.
The Wristbands are made by weaving threads together to create a design. The threads are woven using a loom and can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, nylon, and polyester. Wristbands are durable and can withstand wear and tear. They are often used for multi-day events and can be worn for several weeks without losing their shape or color.
Advantages of Woven Wristbands
- Durability: Made from durable materials that can withstand wear and tear. They can be worn for days or even weeks without losing their shape or color.
- Customization: Woven wristbands can be customized with different colors and designs. The design is woven into the material, which means that it will not fade or peel off over time.
- Security: Difficult to replicate, which makes them an effective means of identification. They can also be customized with barcodes or QR codes for added security.
Disadvantages of Woven Wristbands
- Limited Colors: Wristbands are limited to a small number of colors, usually no more than four or five. This can limit their use for promotional purposes.
- Limited Detail: Woven wristbands are not as detailed as sublimated wristbands. The design is limited to simple shapes and patterns.
Sublimated wristbands are made by printing an image or design onto a special transfer paper using special inks. The transfer paper is then placed onto the polyester material and heat is applied, which causes the ink to bond with the material. Sublimated wristbands are known for their high-quality, full-color designs that do not fade or peel off over time.
Advantages of Sublimated Wristbands
- Customization: Sublimated wristbands can be customized with a wide range of colors and designs. The design becomes a part of the material, which means that it will not fade or peel off over time.
- High Detail: Sublimation allows for high-quality, full-color designs with a high level of detail.
- Promotion: Sublimated wristbands are an effective tool for promoting a brand or message. They can be customized with a logo, message, or other promotional material.
Disadvantages of Sublimated Wristbands
- Durability: Sublimated wristbands are not as durable as woven wristbands. They can fade or peel off over time, especially with frequent wear.
- Security: Sublimated wristbands can be easily replicated, which can pose a security risk. They are not as effective as woven wristbands for identification purposes.
Comparison of Woven and Sublimated Wristbands
- Customization: Both woven and sublimated wristbands can be customized with different colors and designs. However, sublimated wristbands offer a wider range of colors and higher detail.
- Durability: Woven wristbands are more durable than sublimated wristbands and can withstand wear and tear for longer periods of time.
- Security: Woven wristbands are more difficult to replicate than sublimated wristbands, making them a more secure means of identification.
- Promotion: Sublimated wristbands are more effective for promoting a brand or message
Where To Buy Woven Wristbands
Don’t hesitate to contact us at Wristbands Malta to order wristbands. We are a proud supplier of customized promotional products, including custom lanyards & custom wristbands. Check out our 5* Trust Pilot rating and discuss details. We offer a full selection of wristbands, including Tyvek, Fabric, Silicone, and Vinyl Wristbands. We also provide colour choices such as Black Wristbands, Blue Wristbands, Pink Wristbands, Purple Wristbands, Red Wristbands, Orange Wristbands, Glow in the Dark Wristbands, and more to match your business theme.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a quote!