If you have come across a fabric, Tyvek or silicone wristband with a smart tag made of an RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) chip and antenna, it is called an RFID wristband. RFID is a method of transmitting the unique identity of a wristband using radio waves. The technology allows an embedded reader or scanner to capture data on an RFID tag and send it to a backend computer system without physical contact. More often than not, the smart tag looks like a visible plastic card or a silicone-embedded chip.
Interestingly, this bracelet-like device can store information, such as identification credentials, purchasing credits, coupons, access control into hotels or VIP areas, social media information, etc. Out there, the most common type can store up to 3.72 kilobytes of information. With that memory, the wearable wrist device can have the wearer’s name, address, credit card authorization, and identification information. By and large, they come in different shapes and colours.
Why Do You Need RFID Wristbands?
At this juncture, you are probably pondering, “What do I need this RFID wristband for?” Well, if you are, you are not alone. But then, individuals, homes and businesses need the wrist devices for the following reasons:
- Improved guest check-in and entry: If you manage a hotel or theme park, you can frustrate your guests if you have a complicated admission process. In short, that will worsen your customer experience and make them not patronise or recommend your business. However, you can use RFID wristbands to facilitate access control by preauthorising your guests so they can self-check-in on arrival. In the end, you improve your guest check-in and customer experience. This gives guest control over their check-in and improves their first impression. Remember, you don’t get a second chance to make the first impression!
- Easy cashless payment: As a merchant, it would interest you to know that the digital band works like a contactless credit card. This way, it can seamlessly enable cashless payments, allowing your customers to pay for drinks, food, and other items on the go by tapping its button. Nobody likes to spend time doing something they can do in a split second. Your customers deserve better!
- Security and control: You can keep access to facilities in check if you mandate all authorised users to have that digital band on. Afterwards, it becomes easy to detect and get rid of unauthorised users, criminals, or intruders. When you incorporate it into your business, your customers don’t necessarily have to carry cash and credit cards. This is particularly because it doesn’t give room for theft and fraud. It goes without saying that if you lose your child in the crowd, this device allows you to find the kid’s last location.
- Awesome family experience: If you think that these digital wristbands are only used for commercial purposes, then you have another think coming. Yes, you can use it in your home as well. Did you know that you can acquire these wearable wrist devices and share them among your spouse and kids so they can use them to purchase food and drinks? Indeed, you give them a sense of independence and awesome experience when you do that. In other words, they don’t have to carry cash, keys, and credit cards anymore. As a parent, you may probably be thinking that your kinds can go overboard with their spending. Well, don’t sweat it because the device allows you to set spending limits or remove the payment option. Yes, the device allows you to call the shots!
- Social media integration: If you are away from your computer, tab or smartphone, RFID wristbands allow you to sign in to your social media accounts. You read that right! To make this happen, you just have to link the device to your social media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. By tapping the device’s touch-point, you can access these accounts and check out what’s trending in the digital world at the drop of a hat! That’s not all! You can post your pictures and share them with friends without getting anywhere close to your computer, tab, or smartphone – thanks to the RFID wristband.
In Europe, the post-COVID business milieu is becoming competitive with each passing day. This fierce competition, without a doubt, compels businesses to come up with innovative strategies to improve their user experience and stay relevant in business. On the flip side, businesses that lack lofty ideas are going under due to fierce rivalry. But then, the RFID wristband idea offers you a smart way to stay ahead of your rivals by improving your user experience and giving your guests (customers) a reason to keep coming back (customer loyalty)! Sure, you too can embrace this cutting-edge technology to have a competitive edge in your industry! To learn more or place orders for RFID wristbands that seamlessly convey your brand’s message. Please check out our 5* Trust Pilot Rating. For more information, please contact our sales team on email@example.com or by calling +356 99990566